Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Gyaru Spotlight: Ari Marie

 This (cross posted) Gyaru Spotlight is for Ari Marie! 

I met her around 2010 or so when she applied to a nago-sa project co-founded by me and LA. We didn’t give her a clear cut answer as the Chicago nago-sa/gyaru project was having internal issues that needed to be resolved first and foremost. Our bad for not being upfront about that when you applied. 



Your makeup and hairstyling improved so much over the years. I believe you went to cosmetic school as well, and you were gaining skills. How did that turn out for you?

Twinsies!
  
(Trigger warning for sensitive people)
You had asked me if being fat was illegal in Japan. As an American living in America and in an ethnic group with a different body beauty standard, and not familiar with the totality of Japanese beauty standards, I did not know what to say. I did not know, but I could tell that it was something that was troubling you.
However, I am glad that it did not deter you from getting into gal and having fun and meeting up with you many years later. And, despite things being misconstrued from me during our time apart in different gal circles, I am glad that we didn't beef or fight despite someone wanting us to.


I hope you’re doing well in your career, Ari.

Best wishes 

Stay tuned for more Gals int the Spotlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts... I'd love to hear from you! Interesting insights may appear in a future post!