I guess I kinda got that wish, you guys and gals. I went to the Harajuku Fashion Walk and also attended other Jfash oriented events thrown and hosted by others.
On one hand:
- I LOVE IT! I am a guest at someone else's event, and I feel like I can chill a bit more.
- Its a bit of a surprise too, when you think about it!
- I get to help out a bit with my blog to help show readers from all over the world on what cool things happen in my city or where I visit. WHICH IS SUPER FUCKIN AWESOME for me.
On the other hand....
- New people can cause the stress of FOMO. Fomo is "fear of missing out". I have been invited to numerous events in Chicago that I can't possibly attend every single one of them on top of work, family, etc, and if they happen on the same day... its even worse! It makes me feel bad because I want to see everyone but I can't be at 2 places at once....until the day comes where I can clone myself or something....
- More people can cause tension for whatever reason. (WHY CANT WE JUST GET ALONG &HAVE FUN?! DAYUM!)
- Miscommunication happens, life happens, shit happens. Things just get stressful and what not at that point.
Its like having some of my wishes granted for the Chicago scene...but like in one of my Galvip cover pages I did for fun... FALL FASHION DRAMA. omg.
Being a wee bit older, the big sister in me wants to make things right, cuz I view gals a lil younger than me as little sisters. I didn't imagine things would be turning like this, and I honestly thought things would get better and stronger as we aged and got wiser.
This brings me back YEARS ago, when people either didn't care for the drama in the gal community (back in the Ricoche days), wanted more (this is just gonna be a thing so I guess it can't be helped with humans) or wanted there to be a "lets all get along " vibe to things. I was a part of the latter and thought, and still think that we should (at least perhaps the people who have been in the comms for a while) try to band together for something a lil greater than ourselves. True, we get upset about things. We get hurt and make mistakes, get into arguments, etc, but does it have to get that bad?
Maybe I still am naive and optimistic though.
Regardless of the negative points of my journey through this dream, I was able to meet so many people and chat with them and I thought I would never be able to do that. I was able to get advice for my style ( I still think I need improvement, believe it or nah!), and also help others so they can do the best make up they can. I thought I would never be able to meet some of the people who lived out of state, meet more of my Diamond Gal Sisters, and I am so grateful for being able to meet them that it brings tears to my eyes.
I guess, even though parts of this dream are going odd for me, I just hope that there are better happy endings, and more smiles and good times that outweigh the bad.
Peace out, chocopies!