Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Torn but Moving Forward

Its been a weird couple of years. Though a lot of activity from my part has slowed down, save for attending some anime cons and a few events here and there and some blogging and article writing for Galvip and pix for SugarGamers, I plan to do a bit more for a lil while I think...



With about 7 derpy years under my belt in the gyaru comms, the highs and lows of (gyaru) circle life and trying to keep it together (I get really passionate about things at times :P ), the highs and lows of young adulthood regardless of being in a subculture, not knowing what I REALLY wanted to do in college or out of it{professionally speaking}, helping make events and promoting them while at times tiring out, its still a bit to process even after all this time. Allthewhile doing so, I am still trying to push forward as fast while wondering if I should try and slow down and rest. Some days, it feels as if I am living a double life! Bold fashioned gyaru life and normal out of college life.

I was told to (and also a part of me wanted to) stop with all my extracurricular activities and focus on my art career.{what am I, a lil kid still? haha}

That would mean:
NO blogging
NO events
NO gyaru related anything
prolly no more conventions

But then a part of me wants to still do it, but tie it into what I've learned at Columbia  I can see it, a faint vision, kinda fuzzy still, a bit patchy. It makes me smile, but then I wonder if its even worth it or just start over.
A few pictures of gal me2s over time, from about '09-'14

I know things will not be the same as the highs during those years, that maybe circle life just isn't a thing, but they were cherishable memories to me. Time moves on,things change, people come and go, shit happens, you learn from it, even if some of the memories still sting, you try and get over it.

Its no use livin' in the past, though I find myself doing that maybe all the time. So, I try to focus on the present and look forward to a brighter future. What does the future bring?  Maybe its one that sparkles and shines like rhinestone studded nails that barely allow you to function, and more glamorous than any sujimori-ed weave to grace any gal's head.

Wish me luck, gals!

7 comments:

  1. dont give up, I just got a car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D: Best of luck with which ever you choose! I would say in your 7 years you were a great inspiration as well ♡ Don't forget that! Im sure back in the day I wasn't the only on that wanted to be you back in your earlier manba days :p Don't leave too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love it, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe just rerouting some things might be best or ghostin it.

      Delete
  4. I hope you can find a nice balance between the two! I'm in the same position... I love gal, but with work and not actually going out much I don't really find the inspiration to "gal up" anymore. It's so sad because I remember the days where I wouldn't leave the house without my lashes, but now they just don't have the same effect anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie! I started doing it less and less in my last two years of school. If I had somewhere to go that I'd want to dress up, I'd gal up. At school.... it was a different story! I mainly wore sweats and no make up outside of finals time.

      I am hoping that when I do gain momentum working in my field more, that I will be able to get back into the swing of things again! When that will be, I have no clue!

      Delete

Share your thoughts... I'd love to hear from you! Interesting insights may appear in a future post!