Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Gurl Put in Work

So, it has been about 6 and a half months since I started my new part time. Though my schedule has changed a bit dramatically, I am pretty happy that I stuck it through this long! Yippu! Some of ya'll are probably thinking, like... "That's an accomplishment?" hahaha

I was laid off in about 2011 from a different part time. I only lasted for about a few months. It was my first official job while being on break from college and not affiliated with a summer school program. It was incredibly stressful in that industry as a coffee girl. People who aren't hyped up on their caffeine yet, giving you a damned hard time. Pair that with little assistance from co workers doesn't keep things running smoothly. Ya know, teamwork makes the job work. But I learned a lot though, and seeing donuts that aren't lined up correctly bugs me til this day.
How you want yo coffee?
Another place years later just wasn't working for me. Unfortunately, they wanted me to be there everyday after I left school, which meant me spending money I didn't really have to be there, and also me using up days to be doing art or networking for my true passion. There were a lot of other problems too other than just work ones and I rather not bitch too much about. lol But.... I got to learn an ipad program.... yippu?

I've been trying to find a place that would let me be there and grow in my own way ( I think I kinda found one for the time being), but, I guess a lot of places want you to be on it like 0 to 100 from the get go, and a lot of places I applied to was more like a gamble than anything! It was more like a "Why not?" as I sent in applications. Not to mention trying to gain experience in places where your school conflicts with their schedule and what not.
My uniform isn't as cute as my coffee girl apron tho
 Even though I'd rather be behind a computer or a phone, I have shaken off a lot of the jitters when it comes to talking and approaching people, and it feels good to accomplish some goals too. My supervisor has been pretty cool, and so have the lot of my new coworkers. I am still learning and nothing is perfect, but I try my best. Some days start off better than others, some days have more accomplishments than others.


Since a grocery store chain has been competing with a relatively new one, we have been doing some pretty cool stuff every now and again, like slot machines! The customers seemed to like it!

I have been trying to take on a second job, more so in my career path to keep my creative energies alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts... I'd love to hear from you! Interesting insights may appear in a future post!