Friday, August 8, 2014

New Nail!

A new nail for a new month! This time, I wanted to go clear + a design instead of the usual glitter nails.


Nail station set up. I keep all my supplies that I will use over the next few hours close by. I have been doing gel nails for about a year or so instead of acrylics. Though they are said to be less strong than acrylics, I feel that they look a bit better. And for this project, they seem to come out a little clearer than acrylic solutions.


Before I really start, I try to either come up with a concept or look through various magazines I have for some ideas. I ask my self what kinda nails I'd like to sport like "What theme will I go for?" "What colour combinations?" and even length and nail shape style; 
oval, square, pointed, long, medium or short. 

I don't own a lot of colour polishes right now to do neon or pastel colours, partially because I just don't own anything of those colour schemes in my wardrobe!  

After deciding what I want to do, it is time to get the party started!!!!


I use nail form stickers mainly when I do my nails and nail tips when I'm being a little lazy.

Abstract design
 Nail length created, cleaned, smoothed and designed applied! If I do a design for my nails, I drop a bit of polish on my working space or on my plastic nail container bin and use that to dip my brush in. 


 I didn't have anything "cool" to hold, lol, and didn't want to grab my applesauce jar. hehehe.

I don't see a lot of posts of other people posting their nails up these days. Mainly face pix. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Which gel brands do you use? Is it hard gel or soft gel? :) I love nails and do my nails at home frequently! You can see some of my nails on my instagram @suteisi if you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use the stuff from Sally's Beauty Supply then switched to Sheba Nails for my nail art needs. The big jar in the pix is supposedly a thicker gel, but didn't seem that thick than the Sally's stuff. Maybe thicker in comparison to their own line of products. And I will check out your nail art!

      Delete

Share your thoughts... I'd love to hear from you! Interesting insights may appear in a future post!