Thursday, December 1, 2011

Change in Taste, Change in Style (picture heavy)

From my start in late 2007/early 2008, I was heavily into the manba and banba fashion style. Boy, I tried to mix in bright colours, and tease my hair up really big while wearing the boldest make up all throughout my last year of high-school.
I desperately wanted to be a manba/banba gal, and I wanted to be a GOOD one, that I can recall. I would come home from school almost everyday with my growing collection of make up to practice my make up and gain a style for myself, just like how the other manba gals had a style that was "theirs" make up wise. I tried out different liners and concealers(I had a yellowy beige concealer when I first started, then figured it wasn't looking too nice and ditched it) til I thought I was satisfied with a look.




My first picture I ever posted on ricoche.net was a crap picture of me with just white circles on my eyes(typical beginner stuff) . I had got pretty excited when I was doing the make up for a trial run for something, and something clicked in my head, and I liked how I looked. Luckily, people were not that bitchy back then though. But when I got in this crazed habit of practicing, I lurked on the site, found pictures I liked and printed some out for reference, and practiced.

Since I do not have ALOT of pictures of when I was in high school, I will summarize my outfits and such, LOL.

highschool
 (pre summer) i started to wear skirts layered with jeans during the winter, or stockings during the summer. My make was VERY bold, and my nose stripe was pretty thick these days. I would tease my hair , and wore trip pants sometimes. I knitted pink and purple skirts to wear, and also had knitted blue furry legwarmers that we inspired by Pinky's yellow ones.


Summer
I started to buy a few more shirts that were colourful or what I thought was cool at the time.
 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22
My make up was VERY bold. I didn't get to wearing extensions till a few months later I think. I would, however, braid in yarn from time to time.

 property of lishamisha22my high school make up ...

When I got into college... my make up was still pretty bold, but I tried to make it sexier... But i still had my thick caterpillar brows which I tried hard to conceal and pluck to a nice shape. But, when I met Kiara from her Gogo gyaru myspace, she told me about the wonders of brow bleach, which helped alot, and I still use it now.
 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22


During this time in college, I was also experimenting with "cool" and "mannish" rocker style while doing banba too.
I also got my full had of blue braids that I was really excited to do for myself!
 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22
when I would get dressed up, I would try to go as colourful as possible.
note my hand knitted bow, skirt, and legwarmers.

2010

 property of lishamisha22
My old Diamond Gal Sisters
Janis
Val

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

In my later college years, I got better with different things with my make up and hairstyles.
I played with glitter and longer extensions and did my own acrylic sets. I tried out wavy and curly styles as well. I do not think I tried a "mannish" or kind of gyaru-o type of look alot in 2010. My make up was sometimes very "bitch" looking: sharp, highly arched eyes, very thick lashes on my lids, and I guess it didn't help that I didnt smile too much in public.

Right now, I have ditched most of my heavy make up looks, and focused more on heavily lined eyes and a contoured nose for a tsuyome look. I wanted to get better with that, and then get back into banba, but doing the make up doesn't cross my mind all that often!
Shame!
 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22
thats three wigs layered on top of each other~!
i need to get better with customizing them like how Pin is with her's!

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22

 property of lishamisha22
 property of lishamisha22


All these pix are more or less in the correct order, lol.
Over time, I dressed sexier. At first I was pretty much against showing leg and rarely wore shorts and skirts, and if i did, there was tights or whatever underneath. But, eventually I started to get comfortable with it, and only wear tights or leggings etc, when its cold out, if it will look good with my coordinate, or if i didnt shave. (just sayin lol)
I feel a bit more confident with making a coord now these days, and I have a better eye for shopping.
I am going more for sexy stuff and more cool rock looks these days. Too bad I am not in San Fransisco with its lovely winter temperatures! I would STILL be wearing all my skirts and such without bundling up like some eskimo.

Here is an old video of how my style changed. I think I might make a part two to it since I think I have some nice pictures from this year.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QTgnTnC42kE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9 comments:

  1. You've come a long way! You're quite the inspiration Lisha :) I certainly look up to you and your progress.

    I live in Texas and it is super cold during this time of the year so even though I want to wear skirts/tights I'd freeze my butt off! But I still try to get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style has improved so much! I can only hope that my style does too over the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked seeing your style evolve! I like your style now but your manba look was cute too!

    I'm impressed that you knitted your own clothes. :) It's hard to find colorful clothes, so it makes sense!

    BTW, San Francisco is cold all year! I used to like being able to wear winter clothes all year long but I miss summer clothes. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaww Lisha back in the day! I wanna make a style evolving post now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching ur style change over the years is so inspirational! although ur style back then was cool ur current one is my favourite :) can u pleeeease do a make up tutorial on ur current make up? i really like it and it reminds me of sayoko ozaki somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you truly are an inspiration!! your style is awesome and so bold and fierce! Definitely a true gal :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, you are gorgeous! Even with your 'caterpillar' brows, you were a beauty! Your hair, make and style are, imo, worthy the title 'gal'.

    Reading this and watching your style evolve and improve is such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had issues
    with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Feel free to visit my website; laptop bags best buy

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts... I'd love to hear from you! Interesting insights may appear in a future post!