Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Nostalgia Show

On February 21, Natalia and Elgin rounded up a bunch of Chicago artists to create pieces based off our favourite childhood cartoons and also video games for the Nostalgia Show.
It was great looking at pieces that the other artists did, and great to be in an environment literally bursting with creativity! The place was packed!!

Shintendo and Vagabond from The Terra Gods, Elephant Rebellion, and WestSide School for the Desperate had AMAZING hip hop and poetry performances throughout the night. I never knew that DragonBall Z and also random video games from my childhood could be made into poetry!

I was also able to meet up with some familiar faces as well! Kira*Kira (Black Cherry and Gal*luxy) and her boyfriend Kurt, Chris and Doga, Crystal, Tim, and Ashley all made it out!

From Ivonne Chavez

Lovemi Designs

My Ahh! Real Monsters piece and I.




Natalia Virafuentas

Natalia Sustaita

Elephant Rebellion

Lovemi Design





Elgin


Nat and Tan

Spirit Bomb...for 10 episodes


2602 W Fullerton Ave, Chicago, IL 60647

1 comment:

Share your thoughts... I'd love to hear from you! Interesting insights may appear in a future post!